Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Arim Roshi

by Shay Gabso


Now I'm walking on the path of present,
Like a child, who is getting lost.
The palms of my hands stretch out,
Asking for help to go on the journey with you.
And in the sides it's as if the flowers lost their identity,
Still looking for a ray of light, that will help.
Another small drop of water from the fountain of wisdom
Will bring them the hope.

I'll raise my head - I'll raise my eyes toward the mountains far away!
And my voice - will be heard as a cry, as the prayer of men!
And my heart - it will cry out, where from will my help come?

Now I'm going through new landscapes,
The steps - they are becoming so slow.
"What is there that is not here?" asked me a passer by.
"What do you keep in the heart?"
The elder of the town,which on his back rests his entire past,
Looks around and looks for his world.
When the present is so hard,
I won't say a thing, I'll raise my head for tomorrow.

I'll raise my head - I'll raise my eyes toward the mountains far away!
And my voice - will be heard as a cry, as the prayer of men!
And my heart - it will cry out, where from will my help come?