Saturday, October 21, 2006


The Dreamers

The film reminds me of Malcolm, Sara & various characters from my university experience. We were all cineastes or poets. We ran together, shot film together, (I found one I'll have to post soon). I was probaby the most political of the bunch. Others were more (rightly) concerned with getting laid and discovering their latent creative talents.

I was reminded of this film when I ran across the clip from Band a part that I posted earlier. The actors recreate a scene from that film where the protagonists run through the Louvre. Suffice it to say that it's full of idealism, sexual liberation (and its consequences) & love of film itself. I'll leave you on this Saturday with Michael Pitt's cover of Henrdix's "Hey Joe", the film's theme song. ...and a question. Is there a film that you strongly identify with because of personal experience?